The Absolutely True Journal of a Troll Mage

The RP journey of Kaetze of Silver Hand in her travels through Azeroth, Northrend and the Outlands.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North of Philly, PA, United States

I like computers, but love the arts more. Painting, drawing, & photography are my passions. We rock the geeky side of things with a firm footing in sci-fi, fantasy, video games, anime, comic books and board games in this household. I have a rescuekitty, one rescuehound, a husband and an external child with an internal one currently forming. I'm happy. I'm attempting Buddhism/vegetarianism and dig the concept even as I'm flailing at it. Trying to start a homestead, make DIY a daily process, and create a small business from my art. Welcome to my Middle Path!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3 after the celebration of the New Year

I don't know why this strikes me as funny, but everywhere I look in the inns and buildings there are portraits on the walls of the Undercity, and of Lordaeron. I even saw one on the wall of those strange windmills they used to employ on the farms.

Even the Forsaken seem to need their familiar sights and sounds around them. For some reason I thought them beyond sentimentality.

~Addendum~
I asked later today about the purpose of the paintings and was advised that they were brought along to "create a semblance of humanity".
When I appeared to be comforted by this thought I was quickly assured that it was not out of any need to have them there, but to make their visitors more comfortable. Everything else about them would seem alien, so they bothered to include furniture and paintings on the walls for those of us that were familiar with human settlements.
I'm somewhat sorry I asked. I liked my romantic notion of sentimentality more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home